The media is in full damage-control mode over the scandal known as “Obamagate.” The most prominent coordinating talking point is that Obamagate is a “conspiracy theory.”
So is it a conspiracy theory? The answer is an emphatic no.
Knowledge is power, especially when the entire media is trying to mislead the American people. So let’s learn a little bit about Obamagate.
Obamagate is the catchall term President Trump has adopted to name the effort by the Obama administration, the DNC, the fake news media, and Obama loyalists in the intelligence and law enforcement community, the Deep State, to resist, harass, and ultimately take down President Trump, a duly elected president, by convincing the American people that Trump is a Russian asset, and a traitor.
FACT: On January 5th, 2017, President Obama along with his National Security Advisor Susan Rice, and Vice President Joe Biden, instructed James Comey, Sally Yates, John Brennan, and others on what to do about information sharing with the incoming Trump administration. Instead of sharing information that might expose them, they conceived a way to sabotage Trump’s chosen National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn, and ultimately, Trump.
FACT: To achieve this goal, the intelligence community colluded with President Obama, engaging in spying on Flynn, lying to the FISA court to get permission to spy on other Trump people like Carter Page, and leaking classified information to the press, among many other things to harass and cripple the president whenever possible.
FACT: Obamagate was highly effective.
Here are some of the achievements of Obamagate:
- Besmirch President Trump with the dirty Steele Dossier
- Establish a permanent cloud over Trump’s administration through leaks and TV interviews of former Obama officials
- Harm Trump’s foreign relations through leaks
- Ambush and takedown General Michael Flynn, National Security Advisor to President Trump
- Convince 1/2 the US population, through media, that President Trump is a Russian asset and a traitor
- Investigation of Trump associates Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and others
- Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller’s Russia Collusion investigation (2 years)
- Ukraine and Impeachment (six months)
The media rushes to Obama’s defense
With new revelations in the Flynn case and all the documentary evidence to prove that the silent coup to disable President Trump was instigated by President Obama, the left-wing media is going full bore on debunking Obamagate. Testimony from congressional hearings shows that officials like John Brennan and James Clapper, who boasted that there was plenty of evidence that Trump was “in the pocket of Putin” said under oath that they had no evidence of collusion. But fake news journalists continue to say, “nothing to see here.”
Just like Squealer from George Orwell’s Animal Farm, they rush in to “explain” away the evidence and attack those who would say negative things about the “dear leader,” President Obama.
Here are some of their headlines.
- NYT: Obamagate is a “fake” scandal
- VOX: The fake “Obamagate” scandal shows how Trump hacks the media
- Washington Post: The absurd cynicism of ‘Obamagate’ Wapo
- MSNBC: Fact Checking Trump And Allies’ Push Of ‘Obamagate’ Claims
Media Talking Point: Obamagate is a distraction
The press argues that President Trump is ginning up Obamagate to distract from his incompetence in handling the coronavirus. This argument is actually projection from the media and the Democrats. They are the ones using the coronavirus to distract from the real issues.
Coronavirus does pose a threat to vulnerable Americans, but Obamagate, or the use of governmental powers and agencies to take down political enemies, endangers Americans as well.
Media Talking Point: Obamagate is a “fake” scandal
This is a media favorite.
They argue that if Obama did something like unmask someone in order to conspire with other advisers on how to entrap this person then it must have been warranted. After all, the 2016 election had been hacked by the Russians, right? Wrong. Unmasking is wrong, and the basis for it was wrong.
Flynn was going to be Trump’s Director of National Intelligence, so the media is fine with taking Flynn down by any means necessary. That doesn’t make it remotely less abusive, illegal, or unethical.
What is the crime?
What crime did Obama commit? By narrowing the question down to the idea of a single crime, the press thinks they have a real stumper.
The real misdeed of Obama was to initiate, orchestrate, and collude to spy on, besmirch, cripple, and harm a duly elected president with all the powers at his disposal. He also ensured that the work would be carried out even after he left office by activating James Comey, eager to redeem himself after his Clinton email blunder two days before the 2016 election. Comey had plenty of willing accomplices like Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe, and Bill Priestap to help him accomplish Obama’s goals.
Instead of peacefully transferring power to an incoming president, Obama conspired with others to do everything within their power to cripple, trip up, and hinder the new administration. This is the real scandal the press won’t report.
Here is White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on the “crime” of Obamagate:
Fake news ignores the evidence and smears the president
All of the Obama apologists studiously avoid discussing the actual revelations of the Flynn case, and just continually attack President Trump, in the same way they have done all along.
But the evidence that the media is “fake news” continues to grow.
- When Robert Mueller came up with no evidence of Russia collusion, the media went after Trump’s “obstruction,” refusing to accept that there was no collusion, and refusing to give up their incessant need to take Trump out.
- When the Democrats in Congress impeached the president, they did so on nothing because there was nothing. There was no evidence that the President was trying to force Ukraine to take out his political opponent. The articles of impeachment contained no crimes.
- When Inspector General Michael Horowitz testified to unscrupulous behavior in the FBI and the FISA court, the media ignored the evidence and covered impeachment.
- When documents turned up, thanks to acting DNI Richard Grenell declassifying them, that show Obama’s and Biden’s involvement in the destruction of Michael Flynn, the media cries “conspiracy!” and “fake,” rather than addressing what the evidence shows.
Mainstream or left-wing media have earned their title “fake news,” and the president is right to use it. The American people would do well to question their every word. They are “Squealers” for the Democrat party and Obama, not journalists.